Promotional Items and Apparel
Promotional items with UNM logos or trademarked verbiage must be ordered through licensed vendors.
Tips for ordering promos and giveaways
- Always get a product sample. Giveaways that are low quality and end up in the trash aren't worth buying.
- Always order cherry, silver (gray), or turquoise products. If those aren't available, consider white with a branded color design. Off-brand colors may be disapproved or delayed.
- Avoid red and black color combinations like black bags with red edges. Black is not a UNM color, and black and red are the school colors for competing Universities. If black is the only option for a product, silver or white imprint or etching is recommended.
- Submit your product artwork to a UCAM marketing representative prior to your order to minimize artwork revision delays.
Licensed Promotional Item Vendors
Several local and national companies are licensed to print promotional giveaway items for University departments.
New Mexico Vendors
- UNM Copy Center
- A1 Trophy Center
- Achievement Gallery
- Albuquerque Dukes
- All Sports Trophies
- Bright Ideas
- Custom Prints & Promos
- Don Mickey Designs
- Focus Advertising Specialties
- Global Sourcing Connection
- Graphic Connection
- Lobo Sales* (not affiliated with UNM)
- Screen Images Inc.
- Zia Graphics
See the full list of licensed vendors.
What items must be ordered through a licensed vendor?
A general rule of thumb for licensing is that any item that could be sold at a store like the UNM Bookstore or other big retailer is a licensed item. However, that does not mean only sold items must be ordered through licensed vendors—internal purchases for giveaways, promos and uniforms must also be ordered through licensed vendors.
Examples of items that must be purchased from licensed vendors:
- All apparel – t-shirts, polo's, uniform jackets, etc.
- Drinkware – cups, water bottles, etc.
- Bags – totes, backpacks, gift bags, etc.
- Office Supplies – pens, pencils, padfolios, desk accessories, etc.
- Toys & Novelties – stuffed animals, fidget spinners, etc.
- Tablecloths / table runners
- Name tags
- Awards, trophies & plaques
Examples of non-licensed items:
- Paper marketing collateral – brochures, postcards, posters
- Stationery – business cards, letterhead, envelopes*
- Please see stationery requirements here.
- Tradeshow displays
- Permanent environmental branding – vinyl wall displays, vehical wraps, etc.
For information about ordering face masks, please visit the trademarks & licensing web page.